Pipes have been a popular way to consume cannabis with many cannabis enthusiasts for years. They are discreet, easy to carry and simple to use. In the past they were mainly made of wood, but nowadays you can find them in all shapes, sizes and colors. Pure pipes are ideal for when you want to switch to tobacco-free consumption. You just put some cannabis in, light it and enjoy!
What is a pipe?
A pipe consists of a bowl, a round bowl that is deep enough to hold your cannabis, and an airtight channel that blows smoke and air through an mouthpiece. Some pipes have an air channel, a carbhole, which you can adjust how much smoke you inhale at a time. When you use a pipe, i’s useful to use a screen. Some pipes already have one and otherwise you can get it in one of our shops. The screen block the cannabis and ash so that it doesn’t end up in your mouth.
What kind of pipe do you choose?
Pure pipes come in different shapes and sizes. The material is also important to take into account. Many smokers prefer glass pipes, which are easy to clean, but you also have pipes made of metal, wood and clay. Each material provides a different unique smoky flavor. Metal pipes are often the cheapest and the most sturdy, while wood gives a more intense flavor.
How do you use a pipe?
- Grab your pipe, your cannabis, a grinder (if you have one) and something to light your bowl with.
- Grind your cannabis loosely, don’t grind it too finely or you will burn the cannabis too quickly.
- Put the screen in your pipe first if it’s not included and put the cannabis in the bowl. Press it down firmly but not too tight as air should still pass through.
- When you have a carb hole in your pipe, place your thumb over it.
- Light the cannabis, inhale and lift your thumb to release the smoke.
It’s very important to regularly clean your smoking equipment. If you don’t do this, your hits will taste less good and it can ultimately be harmful to your throat. How often you need to clean your pipe depends on how often you use it. Rinse your pipe after eacht use to prevent tar and resin from sticking.
In our shops we have different types of pipes. For our entire range, you can visit one of our shops. Our employees are happy to help you on your way.